- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Fat side up, season your roast with black pepper, minced garlic and sliced onions. (Italian seasoning & onion powder optional)
- Place in oven uncovered and roast 20 minutes per pound.
Example: 5 lb. Roast (5 x 20 minutes = 100 minutes or 1 Hour and 40 minutes).
- Take Roast out when internal temperature reaches 120 degrees.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Roasting Tip: Sliced onions should be placed under the roast prior to roasting.
Degrees of Doneness: Cooking times and temperatures may vary with the method of preparation, the size and shape of the Certified Angus Beef ® brand cut and the desired degree of doneness. Test steaks, roasts and burgers for doneness using a meat thermometer or instant-read thermometer.
Temperature will carry over around 10 degrees more after the item is done cooking so it is recommended to take the selected cut off when the temperature is lower than said finish doneness.
The USDA recommends steaks and roasts be cooked to 145°F (medium) and then rested for at least 3 minutes. To ensure food safety, ground beef should be cooked to a minimum 160°F (well done). Be sure to check with a thermometer, as color alone is not a foolproof indicator.